Getting from Split Airport (SPU) to Split city centre involves at least 5 options – you can get there by shuttle bus, local bus, train & bus, ferry, taxi, water taxi, or private transfer. The distance between Split Airport (Resnik) and the centre of the city is 25 kilometres (15 miles).
How to get from Split Airport to the city centre?
The fastest and most comfortable option to reach Split city centre is by local taxi. The cheapest option is the local bus (bus line no 37) or the more convenient shuttle bus by Pleso Prevoz. Other options, including train and ferry, are indirect travel, involving one change. Here are all details:
5 Ways to get from Split Airport to the city centre
|Transport option||Duration of travel||Cost (Ticket Price)|
|Shuttle Bus (Pleso Prijevoz)||30 min||6 Euro (single ticket)|
|Local Bus||50 min||2.5 Euro (single ticket)|
|Taxi, UBER or Private Transfer||30 min||28 Euro (up to 4 persons)|
|Water Taxi||20 min||120 Euro (per vessel)|
|Fast Ferry (Catamaran)||15 min||15 Euro (single)|
From Split Airport by shuttle bus
There is a frequent bus service departing from the main arrivals terminal building of Split Airport (SPU) to Split central bus station (map) and just around the corner from the train station and ferry port. The service is run by the local company Pleso Prijevoz. A one-way ticket costs XX Euros, and the journey time is 30 minutes. You can buy your ticket online or pay the bus driver.
Where to get the shuttle bus?
Upon landing at the airport, you will find the shuttle bus parked in front of the airport’s arrival terminal as soon as you exit the airport building. Look for the blue bus with the Pleso Prevoz logo.
What are operation hours?
The shuttle bus operates every day during the airport operating hours, which are 06:00 – 24:00.
|Airport Shuttle Bus||Departures*||Ticket Prices||Booking & Tickets|
|Airport to Split City Centre||numerous daily departures* – the earliest @ 07:30, the last departure @ 23:00||6 Euro||Book here|
How much is the shuttle bus ticket from Split airport to the city centre of Split?
A one-way shuttle bus ticket to the city centre of Split is €5.97. You can purchase your ticket from the driver or book it online at the Pleso Prevoz website – here is a screenshot:
- At present, you can not book specific departures from the airport. Your ticket will be valid for all departures on the specific day that you booked. This is a great idea, as it means, even if your flight is late, your pre-booked bus ticket is still valid.
- Check current departure and arrival times at this link.
From Split Airport by local bus
|Airport Local Bus||Departures*||Ticket Prices||Booking & Tickets|
|to Split City (Sukoisan) by bus line 37||numerous daily departures – the earliest @ 04:30, the last departure @ 23:50||2.5 Euro||at the bus|
There is also a local bus service that takes you from Split Airport to Split city. Bus number 37 operates on this route. You can find more info on Promet Split website, and the number 37 bus in particular on their Airport bus line page. This is a suburban public bus, which means it has various stops on the way to Split city centre.
The ticket price is 2.5 euros. You can purchase a ticket for the bus from the driver. The journey time is a minimum of 50 minutes, depending on local traffic (The travel time will take longer during peak hours.) There are no restrictions on luggage but bear in mind that this is a local bus; you take your luggage with you on board the bus. This bus may also be quite busy/full at peak times.
- Bus line no 37 terminates at the Sukoisan bus station in Split, not the main bus station. From the local bus station, you can either take another local bus or a taxi to your final destination. Bus numbers 2, 9, 10 and 15 would be the most useful, as these go past Diocletian’s Palace and to the bus/train station and port area. Walking from this bus terminal to the main one by the port would take about 20 minutes. (check Split local bus map)
- You get this bus from the main road outside the airport (Cesta Dr Franje Tuđmana road), rather than from the terminal building (where the shuttle bus operates from)
- Carry cash if you would like to purchase a ticket on board.
- If you want to catch a ferry at the Split ferry port, choose an alternative transportation option instead.
From Split Airport by taxi or Uber
The taxi ranks at the Airport are located just outside the arrival terminal very close to the main exit. Approach the taxis that are waiting outside the terminal and start your journey. taxis operate the same hours as the airport – 06:00 to 24:00.
A taxi from Split Airport to the main part of Split – to the bus/train stations, which are adjacent to the port and only a short walk to Diocletian’s Palace – costs around 30 Euro. The journey time is about 30 minutes (depending on traffic).
The Uber quote to me is 28 euros (see the above photo) – it works out as the cheapest solution especially if 2 or 3 people travel together and are aiming to the ferry port to catch a ferry to one of the islands (check all schedules @ croatiaferries.com website)
Water taxi from the airport to the city centre
- why take a water taxi? – it takes only 20 minutes to reach the centre of the city
- what is a pro? – it is very fast, no traffic jams
- what is contra? – 10 minutes walk from the airport terminal building to dock
- compare price >> water taxi vs taxi = 120 Euro vs 30 Euro
From Split Airport by Fast Ferry (catamaran)
Until recently, there was a direct fast ferry (catamaran) service that operated in summer and stopped a couple of times per day at Split ferry port which is in the city centre. See the Split ferry map that shows the airport location and ferry connections. Unfortunately, this ferry stop with service recently. I hope it will be reintroduced next summer.
Here is a map with an indication of the main points and connections from the airport:
In this video, you can see the whole journey from the airport to the city: